Sep 5, 2008

Banter with Me!

Once you start blogging you're really in trouble. Because then you have to read other blogs. And read. And read. And then at some point your books collect dust and that newspaper that only comes out once a week and really doesn't say anything different than what it said last week really never gets read. I'll tell you what: I bet another bear died because some stupid fast driver wasn't paying attention again - that's what goes on in the Bow Valley papers. And I betcha someone's really pissed off about some sewer situation in Hudson - I haven't even picked up a paper in that town in almost a year and I think I just won that million dollars. So ya, I'm sure that choice is what has you riveted to this, right?

There are blogs out there about all kinds of stuff. Even really eye opening stuff. I guess it's like the kind of stuff you find in books - it's all about what section you pick. And my god, there are some interesting sections out there. I'm beginning to think that self image of being super well traveled and otherwise "experienced" is a total sham (say that with your hands up in front of you using your 2 favorite fingers to make the quotation marks at the right time during the sentence - it's more fun that way).

But hey, the different thing about blogs is that you can COMMENT. You can use that little 'comment' thing right down at the bottom of each post and leave your thoughts. Then the author gets to read them! Cool eh? Then you get to have a little banter created by comments, like a conversation on IM but permanent published-like. What other thing do you get to read where that happens. Oh ya, there's the newsy places but that's BORING. All that climate change and world politicking and war and all that other stuff we're constantly bombarded with in the so-called main stream (otherwise called plain-dreams) media. It's not exactly a cool chick's sailing blog about absolutely nothing important.

Like most things I do, I'll just happily plod along anyway without your comments but I'm just putting it out there... that here I am putting it aaaallllll out there and a few little comments, some praise, some out and out right mockery and even a few constructive insults would be most welcome.

No comments: